Record high-resolution 4K video with this Ninja V 5″ 4K Recording Monitor with 1TB Angelbird AtomX SSDmini Kit. The 5″ Atomos Ninja V is a compact, on-camera monitor/recorder that records and plays back DCI 4K, UHD 4K, and HD video to/from mini-SSD drives. The monitor’s bright 1000 cd/m² screen is suitable for viewing indoors and outdoors, and it supports LUTs and a variety of log formats. The included 1TB SATA III drive is 20% smaller than an average SSD, supports 550/500 MB/s read and write speeds, and fits right into a 4K workflow.
Two NP-F750 5200mAh batteries with a battery charger and power supply are included in the kit, and the monitor comes with its own power supply and an SSD caddy which fits the included 1TB AtomX SSDmini drive.
Atomos Ninja V 5″ 4K HDMI Recording Monitor
The Atomos Ninja V 5″ 4K HDMI Recording Monitor is a 5″ on-camera monitor/recorder that records and plays back DCI 4K, UHD 4K, and HD video from purpose-built mini-SSDs. This monitor can record Apple ProRes Raw up to DCI 4K24 or UHD 4K30 directly from the sensor of select cameras, with compatibility for additional cameras to be added in a future update. It features a 10-bit FRC IPS screen with a brightness of 1000 cd/m², which makes it suitable for use in both exterior and interior conditions. The AtomHDR display technology allows you to accurately monitor your log gamma footage without having to view flat, washed-out looking images or use a LUT to compress the dynamic range and color space. The monitor supports popular log formats from Sony, Canon, Panasonic, ARRI, RED, and JVC cameras. The settings only affect viewing, with recorded video remaining unaltered.
Built to withstand the rigors of production, the Ninja V features an aluminum chassis and powers from a single L-series battery. Additional features include a variety of onscreen exposure analysis, framing, and focus assist tools, as well as anamorphic de-squeeze. An SSD Caddy, power supply, and dummy battery are included with the unit.
Designed with an interface that differs somewhat from prior units, the Ninja V’s HDR functions are accessed through the MON buttons and its ProRes options are chosen via the arrows on the unit’s upper left corner. The Ninja V can record to both AtomX SSDmini or standard 2.5″ SSD drives, fitting up to 150 minutes of 4K video on a 1TB drive. Separately available AtomX Ethernet/NDI and SYNC Expansion Modules enable you to output live video over IP or add wireless timecode for multicamera shoots respectively.
Supported Log Formats
- ARRI Log C
- Canon CLog / CLog 2
- Fuji F-Log
- JVC JLog
- Sony SLog2 / SLog3
- Panasonic Vlog
- RED LogFilm
- ARRI Log CEI160 / LogCEI200 / LogCEI250 / LogCEI320/ LogCEI400 / LogCEI500 / LogCEI640 / LogCEI800 / LogCEI1000 / LogCEI1280 / LogCEI1600
- Canon CLog / CLog2 / Clog3
- Fuji F-Log
- JVC JLog1
- Panasonic Vlog
- PQ10k, HLG
- RED LogFilm / Log3G10 / Log3G12
- Sony SLog / SLog2 / SLog3
Apple ProRes Raw Recording
- Record Apple ProRes Raw with select cameras at rates up to DCI 4K24 or UHD 4K30 and up to 120 fps in HD; this enables ProRes Raw capture in a small, mirrorless form suitable for a variety of applications. Compatibility with additional cameras will be added in a future update.
- ARRI ALEXA Wide Gamut
- Canon Cinema / DCI P3 / DCI P3+ / BT2020
- Fuji F-Log
- JVC LS300
- Panasonic V Gamut
- Rec. 2100
- Rec. 709
- RED DragonColor / DragonColor2 / RedColor2 / RedColor3 / RedColor4 / RedWideGamut
- Sony SGamut / SGamut3 / SGamut3.cine / BT2020
- Wide Color Gamut (SGamut / SGamut3 / SGamut3.cine / Canon Cinema / BT2020 / DCI P3 / DCI P3+ / Panasonic V Gamut / ARRI ALEXA Wide Gamut) mapping to Rec. 709 on screen.
- Wide Color Gamut (SGamut / SGamut3 / SGamut3.cine / Canon Cinema / BT2020 / DCI P3 / DCI P3+ / Panasonic V Gamut / ARRI ALEXA Wide Gamut) mapping to Rec. 709 / BT2020 / DCI P3 on loop out.
4K 60p Capabilities
5″ Daylight Viewable Screen
HDR Signal Management
Optional Expansion Modules
Angelbird AtomX SSDmini (1TB)
This 1TB Angelbird AtomX SSDmini is custom-designed to fit into a variety of Atomos products while maintaining high data throughput rates necessary for a 4K workflow. It fits perfectly into the Atomos Ninja V, Ninja Flame, Ninja Inferno, and Shogun Inferno. An optional adapter handle enables using this SSD with the Shogun Studio, Sumo 19, and Sumo 19M.
Although 20% smaller than an average SSD, the SSDmini makes no concession to size, and it features formidable up to 560 MB/s sequential read speed with 540 MB/s sustained read speed, and up to 520 MB/s sequential write speed with 500 MB/s sustained write speed. Incorporating Stable Stream technology, you don’t drop any frames. The SATA III connector enables connecting to a standard SATA III port when it is time to transfer your footage.
- CDNG up to 4k30p
- ProRes RAW HQ 5.7K up to 30p
- 4k60p and 2k240p
- Apple ProRes: 4k60p and 2k240p
- Avid DNx: 4k60p and 2k240p
- Apple ProRes RAW: 5.7k30p, 4k60p and 2k240p
- CDNG: 4k30p
- Up to 560 MB/s sequential read speed with 540 MB/s sustained read speed
- Up to 520 MB/s sequential write speed with 500 MB/s sustained write speed
- Shock, temperature, X-ray, and magnetic proof
- Supports the entire Atomos range of Ninja and Shogun devices, and with the use of an adapter handle, even the Sumo19, Sumo19M, and Shogun Studio
Atomos 5″ Accessory Kit for Shinobi, Shinobi SDI, Ninja V Monitors
Outfit your 5″ monitor with power options and travel accessories with this 5″ Accessory Kit from Atomos. It’s compatible with Ninja V, Shinobi, or Shinobi SDI monitor with two L-series batteries, a fast charger, a DC power supply, a sun hood, a screen protector, and a plastic travel case.
StarTech USB 3.0 to 2.5″ SATA III Drive Adapter Cable (19.7″)
Access internal 2.5″ drives from a USB-enabled computer with the USB 3.0 to 2.5″ SATA III Hard Drive Adapter Cable from StarTech. This adapter sports a SATA interface that is compatible with SATA I, II, and III-based hard drives and SSDs. On the other end, it has a typical USB type-A connector that utilizes USB 3.0 technology, which delivers speeds of up to 5 Gbps. It draws power from a USB bus-powered port. In addition, UASP enhances the transfer speeds when the adapter is connected to a UASP-enabled host controller.